Welcome to Thorpe Mandeville Parish Council's website which provides information about...
Please use the search facility or browse the site to find whatever you are looking for. If you can't find the information you require then please contact us.
Latest website update: Minutes of the council meeting held on 26 July.
* Councillors are aware of many acts of support being provided or offered by parishioners to those more vulnerable in the village. Please remain attentive to others' needs at this difficult time. However, if you are in need of support or if you are aware of someone without vital support, please let us know.
* Social media can play an important role during these difficult times, particularly with offers of assistance. Many of our parishioners message on www.nextdoor.co.uk
* The Thursday ABILITY community bus service has restarted - face masks being compulsory.
* The parish church remains closed (see the News item dated 15 June) apart from the duration of services which resumed in September.
* A leaflet advising support assistance from the county and district councils can be accessed from the News item dated 3 May 2020 on this website.
* The Chenderit Benefice operates a foodbank scheme. If you would like to donate food, please leave it at the Rectory, 17 Astrop Road, Middleton Cheney, OX17 2PG and contact Father Nick if you would like further information (07925 419068).
LATEST HS2 CONSTRUCTION NEWS (last updated 30 March 2021)
- The website news item dated 30 March advises the long term closure of Banbury Road.
- HS2's planting of 5500 trees over a hectare of land immediately north of the village, east of Banbury Lane has been deferred from March 2021 until January 2022. The primary purpose is to screen the railway, not as a sound barrier.
- A planning application has been submitted by HS2 to create temporary roads diverting traffic away from the B4525 and the Sulgrave Road, accessing Magpie works compound. The project is known as 'Greatworth T'.
- The peak HS2 traffic period for the B4525 is 18 months from early 2022 when the peak daily average HS2 traffic is projected at 500 HGVs and 1000 other vehicles per day in addition to normal traffic.
THE LATEST GENERAL NEWS ITEMS ARE SHOWN BELOW. EARLIER NEWS ITEMS CAN BE FOUND AT THE 'NEWS' BUTTON IN THE LEFT HAND MARGIN ABOVE.
There are occasional online talks regarding HS2 archaeological work along the line. Please let Maurice Cole know if you are interested as places need to be booked in..
A virtual talk is being given by archaeologists from MOLA on 27 July, providing an update about the HS2 excavation works happening at Blackgrounds near Chipping Warden.
Posted: Sat, 24 Jul 2021 15:30 by Maurice Cole
The sudden closure of Banbury Road from Sunday 18 July was because of Anglian Water repair work, not the HS2 work mentioned in the news item below. Anglian Water anticipate the repairs will take 3 to 5 days.
Posted: Sun, 18 Jul 2021 22:21 by Maurice Cole
HS2 have advised that from 19 July until mid August between 9.30am and 3.30pm there will be a lane closure on the Banbury Road between Bulls Lane and the Magpie road junction. Traffic lights will control the traffic flow. Additionally, Bulls Lane will be closed for the same hours probably for the first week of the work.
Posted: Mon, 05 Jul 2021 13:09 by Maurice Cole
PLEASE NOTE, AS CUSTOMARY NO PARISH COUNCIL MEETING IS SCHEDULED FOR AUGUST.
SEPTEMBER 5: Holy Communion service 11.00am. All are welcome at the service; there is no need to have been confirmed.Singing is now permitted in church but face masks and social distancing are currently requested.
SEPTEMBER 27: Parish Council Meeting, 7.00pm in the village hall. All parishioners are welcome to attend.
OCTOBER 3: Harvest Thanksgiving service 11.00am. All are welcome at the service
OCTOBER 25: Parish Council Meeting, 7.00pm in the village hall. All parishioners are welcome to attend.
Please use this link to contact us by email. The Council operates a policy of transparency and all correspondence with the Parish Clerk or Parish Councillors may be disclosed at a public meeting of the parish council. Additionally, information contained in all correspondence may be subject to disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 or other legislation and therefore confidentiality cannot be guaranteed.
The parish council seeks to ensure the whole of the information on this website, including appended documents, is accessible to all. However, if you have difficulty accessing any information, please contact the Parish Clerk at the address shown at the foot of this page. Also, please see the accessibility statement accessed at the foot of this page.
Disclaimer and copyright
Disclaimer: Whilst prepared in good faith, no liability will be accepted for inaccurate information on this website. Please check information at the outset with relevant organisations or persons.
Website images: All images are subject to copyright © Thorpe Mandeville Parish Council 2021.