Welcome to Thorpe Mandeville Parish Council's website which provides information about...
Please use the search facility or browse the site to find whatever you are looking for. If you can't find the information you require then please contact us.
Latest website update (18 April): News item, agenda and supporting documents in respect of the Annual Parish Meeting to be held on 26 April 2021.
* Councillors are aware of many acts of support being provided or offered by parishioners to those more vulnerable in the village. Please remain attentive to others' needs at this difficult time. However, if you are in need of support or if you are aware of someone without vital support, please let us know.
* Social media can play an important role during these difficult times, particularly with offers of assistance. Many of our parishioners message on www.nextdoor.co.uk
* The Thursday ABILITY community bus service has restarted - face masks being compulsory.
* The parish church remains closed (see the News item dated 15 June) apart from the duration of services which resumed in September.
* A leaflet advising support assistance from the county and district councils can be accessed from the News item dated 3 May 2020 on this website.
* The Chenderit Benefice operates a foodbank scheme. If you would like to donate food, please leave it at the Rectory, 17 Astrop Road, Middleton Cheney, OX17 2PG and contact Father Nick if you would like further information (07925 419068).
LATEST HS2 CONSTRUCTION NEWS (last updated 30 March 2021)
- The website news item dated 30 March advises the long term closure of Banbury Road.
- HS2's planting of 5500 trees over a hectare of land immediately north of the village, east of Banbury Lane has been deferred from March 2021 until January 2022. The primary purpose is to screen the railway, not as a sound barrier.
- A planning application has been submitted by HS2 to create temporary roads diverting traffic away from the B4525 and the Sulgrave Road, accessing Magpie works compound. The project is known as 'Greatworth T'.
- The peak HS2 traffic period for the B4525 is 18 months from early 2022 when the peak daily average HS2 traffic is projected at 500 HGVs and 1000 other vehicles per day in addition to normal traffic.
THE LATEST GENERAL NEWS ITEMS ARE SHOWN BELOW. EARLIER NEWS ITEMS CAN BE FOUND AT THE 'NEWS' BUTTON IN THE LEFT HAND MARGIN ABOVE.
Thorpe Mandeville's Annual Parish Meeting will be held by the Zoom online conferencing facility on Monday 26 April at 7.00pm. It is hoped that many parishioners will attend the meeting. This is a great opportunity to hear and discuss about what is happening in the parish.
As customary, we will hear about parish activities, with the opportunity to discuss current issues. The parish council report will give an update on HS2 matters. This will include the recently advised long-term closure of Banbury Road between Bulls Lane and the Magpie road junction during the construction period.
The formal notice and agenda for the meeting can be found here.
If you will be attending it will be helpful for the Zoom administration if you give advance notice to the chairman, Janet Ormond, at the email address below and to make joining easier the Zoom joining instructions will be emailed to you. More »
Posted: Sun, 18 Apr 2021 13:20 by Maurice Cole
Four nominations were received for the parish council election with vacancy for five councillors. Therefore there is a resultant declaration of an uncontested election with four of our existing councillors being reappointed for the new term of office starting in May: Councillors John Clouston, Ian Durham, Emlyn Lilly and Janet Ormond. A copy of the election declaration is in the documents file on this website and also on the parish council noticeboard.
Councillor Tim Moss did not stand for re-election having been a councillor for almost 10 years.
Posted: Fri, 09 Apr 2021 16:47 by Maurice Cole
Our parish is now within the new unitary authority West Northamptonshire Council (WNC) replacing the former Northamptonshire County Council and South Northamptonshire District Council. The new authority covers Northampton, Daventry and South Northamptonshire.
The WNC's website is still embryonic and therefore unfortunately some information and links on this website may currently be historic until new information is received.
We are within the Silverstone Ward of the WNC and our WNC councillors will be determined at the elections to be held on 6 May.
Posted: Thu, 01 Apr 2021 15:39 by Maurice Cole
APRIL 26: Annual Parish Meeting by Zoom online conferencing facility at 7.00pm. All parishioners are welcome to join the link. Joining details will be shown on the formal agenda for the meeting provided on this website and on the village noticeboards.
May 2: Holy Communion service 11.00am. All are welcome at the service; there is no need to have been confirmed. The Reverend Nick Leggett will officiate. Please remember to bring your face mask. Masks are currently mandatory for all church services.
MAY 6: Elections for councillors in respect of the new unitary body West Northamptonshire Council and Thorpe Mandeville Parish Council, 7.00am - 10.00pm. Please take your own pencil and wear a face mask. If you are interested in standing as a councillor, please see the above 5 March News item on this website.
Please use this link to contact us by email. The Council operates a policy of transparency and all correspondence with the Parish Clerk or Parish Councillors may be disclosed at a public meeting of the parish council. Additionally, information contained in all correspondence may be subject to disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 or other legislation and therefore confidentiality cannot be guaranteed.
The parish council seeks to ensure the whole of the information on this website, including appended documents, is accessible to all. However, if you have difficulty accessing any information, please contact the Parish Clerk at the address shown at the foot of this page. Also, please see the accessibility statement accessed at the foot of this page.
Disclaimer and copyright
Disclaimer: Whilst prepared in good faith, no liability will be accepted for inaccurate information on this website. Please check information at the outset with relevant organisations or persons.
Website images: All images are subject to copyright © Thorpe Mandeville Parish Council 2021.