Welcome to Thorpe Mandeville Parish Council's website which provides information about...
Please use the search facility or browse the site to find whatever you are looking for. If you can't find the information you require then please contact us.
Latest website updates: Agenda for the parish council meeting on 30 May and news items regarding Banbury Lane closure.
LATEST HS2 CONSTRUCTION NEWS (last updated 28 March 2022)
- HS2 are in contact with local authorities regarding an extensive increase in their working hours. See the news item dated 19 March.
- The website news item dated 30 March advises the long term closure of Banbury Road.
- HS2's planting of 5500 trees over a hectare of land immediately north of the village, east of Banbury Lane has been deferred from March 2021 until spring 2022. The primary purpose is to screen the railway, not as a sound barrier.
- A planning application has been submitted by HS2 to create temporary roads diverting traffic away from the B4525 and the Sulgrave Road, accessing Magpie works compound. The project is known as 'Greatworth T'.
- The peak HS2 traffic period for the B4525 is 18 months from early 2022 when the peak daily average HS2 traffic is projected at 500 HGVs and 1000 other vehicles per day in addition to normal traffic.
- HS2 lodged a Schedule 17 planning application in September 2021 incorporating the extension of the Greatworth tunnel into our parish with a portal north of Banbury Road.
- An HS2 Schedule17 planning application regarding Lower Thorpe Viaduct was lodged in October 2021.
THE LATEST GENERAL NEWS ITEMS ARE SHOWN BELOW. EARLIER NEWS ITEMS CAN BE FOUND AT THE 'NEWS' BUTTON IN THE LEFT HAND MARGIN ABOVE.
Further to the News Item of 18 May, Banbury Lane will be closed through Lower Thorpe from Monday 23 May to Friday 27 May from 9am to 4pm.
Posted: Thu, 19 May 2022 18:37 by Maurice Cole
HS2 have advised that intermittent closures of Banbury Lane through Lower Thorpe between 9.00am and 4.00pm will continue until 1 July. The road will be open as normal outside of these hours.
Closure arises from the demolition of two roadside properties in Lower Thorpe, Twin Oaks and Lower Thorpe Farmhouse.
It is intended to give weekly updates of the closures on this website.
Posted: Wed, 18 May 2022 16:16 by Maurice Cole
Entrepreneurs in Northamptonshire with a great idea or a business less than 12 months old are invited to apply for grants and free expert advice by Friday, 15 July this year as part of the Kick Start Small Business Grants initiative.
After a Dragon's Den style grant panel session in September for shortlisted applicants, winners will receive: a £2,000 grant for business expenses, a year's free membership with the Federation of Small Businesses (FSB), and ongoing support from the BIPC Northamptonshire team.
If you are interested, please contact the parish clerk for more information
Posted: Tue, 03 May 2022 22:21 by Maurice Cole
MAY 30: Parish Council Annual Meeting, 7.00pm in the village hall. All parishioners are welcome to attend.
JUNE 5: Holy Communion Service, 11.00am.Father Nick will be officiating
JUNE 27: Parish Council Meeting, 7.00pm in the village hall. All parishioners are welcome to attend.
JULY 4: Holy Communion Service, 11.00am.
JULY 25: Parish Council Meeting, 7.00pm in the village hall. All parishioners are welcome to attend.
Please use this link to contact us by email. The Council operates a policy of transparency and all correspondence with the Parish Clerk or Parish Councillors may be disclosed at a public meeting of the parish council. Additionally, information contained in all correspondence may be subject to disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 or other legislation and therefore confidentiality cannot be guaranteed.
The parish council seeks to ensure the whole of the information on this website, including appended documents, is accessible to all. However, if you have difficulty accessing any information, please contact the Parish Clerk at the address shown at the foot of this page. Also, please see the accessibility statement accessed at the foot of this page.
Disclaimer and copyright
Disclaimer: Whilst prepared in good faith, no liability will be accepted for inaccurate information on this website. Please check information at the outset with relevant organisations or persons.
Website images: All images are subject to copyright © Thorpe Mandeville Parish Council 2021.