Welcome to Thorpe Mandeville Parish Council's website which provides information about...
Please use the search facility or browse the site to find whatever you are looking for. If you can't find the information you require then please contact us.
Latest website updates: Minutes of the council meeting held on 29 November and a news item regarding carols at the Three Conies.
* Councillors are aware of many acts of support being provided or offered by parishioners to those more vulnerable in the village. Please remain attentive to others' needs at this difficult time. However, if you are in need of support or if you are aware of someone without vital support, please let us know.
* Social media can play an important role during these difficult times, particularly with offers of assistance. Many of our parishioners message on www.nextdoor.co.uk
* The Thursday ABILITY community bus service has restarted - face masks being compulsory.
* The parish church remains closed apart from the duration of services.
* A leaflet advising support assistance from the county and district councils can be accessed from the News item dated 3 May 2020 on this website.
* The Chenderit Benefice operates a foodbank scheme. If you would like to donate food, please leave it at the Rectory, 17 Astrop Road, Middleton Cheney, OX17 2PG and contact Father Nick if you would like further information (07925 419068).
LATEST HS2 CONSTRUCTION NEWS (last updated 29 October 2021)
- The website news item dated 30 March advises the long term closure of Banbury Road.
- HS2's planting of 5500 trees over a hectare of land immediately north of the village, east of Banbury Lane has been deferred from March 2021 until January 2022. The primary purpose is to screen the railway, not as a sound barrier.
- A planning application has been submitted by HS2 to create temporary roads diverting traffic away from the B4525 and the Sulgrave Road, accessing Magpie works compound. The project is known as 'Greatworth T'.
- The peak HS2 traffic period for the B4525 is 18 months from early 2022 when the peak daily average HS2 traffic is projected at 500 HGVs and 1000 other vehicles per day in addition to normal traffic.
- HS2 lodged a Schedule 17 planning application in September 2021 incorporating the extension of the Greatworth tunnel into our parish with a portal north of Banbury Road.
- An HS2 Schedule17 planning application regarding Lower Thorpe Viaduct was lodged in October 2021.
THE LATEST GENERAL NEWS ITEMS ARE SHOWN BELOW. EARLIER NEWS ITEMS CAN BE FOUND AT THE 'NEWS' BUTTON IN THE LEFT HAND MARGIN ABOVE.
We have a bonus carol singing event this year. Thanks to Darren and Rob at the Three Conies, Father Nick Leggett will be leading community carol singing inside the Conies from 7.30pm on Tuesday 14 December. Do come along and join in the festive singing.
A reminder that our two Christmas services are the popular carol service at 6.00pm on Christmas Eve and Holy Communion at 11.00am on Christmas Day. Father Nick will be officiating at both services.
Posted: Mon, 06 Dec 2021 19:53 by Maurice Cole
The highways department have advised that the commissioning engineers for our newly installed Vehicle Activated Signs are scheduled for the 8th – 10th December to finalise and ultimately complete the works. Eon will be returning before the 8th December for any remaining connections before the commissioning engineers arrive.
Posted: Fri, 26 Nov 2021 14:56 by Maurice Cole
West Northamptonshire Council has recently decided to implement a charge for the kerbside garden waste collection of £42 per bin per year, from 1 April 2022 for all residents of West Northamptonshire who opt into this service.
This is the first occasion a garden waste collection charge has been levied on residents in the former South Northants Council area but other former councils in the county previously had this specific charge. The recent decision has harmonised the position for all residents in the new authority.
Posted: Wed, 24 Nov 2021 19:09 by Maurice Cole
DECEMBER 14: Carol singing at the Three Conies at 7.30pm led by Father Nick.
DECEMBER 24: Carol Service, 6.00pm. Father Nick will be officiating.
DECEMBER 25: Holy Communion Service, 11.00am. Father Nick will be officiating.
NOTE: As customary no Parish Council Meeting is scheduled for December.
JANUARY 2: Holy Communion Service, 11.00am
JANUARY 31: Parish Council Meeting, 7.00pm in the village hall. All parishioners are welcome to attend.The wearing of face masks is requested but not mandatory. Social distancing is also requested.
Please use this link to contact us by email. The Council operates a policy of transparency and all correspondence with the Parish Clerk or Parish Councillors may be disclosed at a public meeting of the parish council. Additionally, information contained in all correspondence may be subject to disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 or other legislation and therefore confidentiality cannot be guaranteed.
The parish council seeks to ensure the whole of the information on this website, including appended documents, is accessible to all. However, if you have difficulty accessing any information, please contact the Parish Clerk at the address shown at the foot of this page. Also, please see the accessibility statement accessed at the foot of this page.
Disclaimer and copyright
Disclaimer: Whilst prepared in good faith, no liability will be accepted for inaccurate information on this website. Please check information at the outset with relevant organisations or persons.
Website images: All images are subject to copyright © Thorpe Mandeville Parish Council 2021.